This gentle whipped body butter recipe combines cocoa butter, shea butter and coconut oil and is safe for the most sensitive of skin.
– 1/3 cup Cocoa Butter
– 1/3 cup Shea Butter
– 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
– 1/3 cup Grapeseed Oil
– 1 drops Lavender essential oil (optional)
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
– Medium Size Heat Resistant Glass bowl
– Measuring Cups
– Electric Mixer
– 500g Glass Jar
METHOD (PREP TIME:120mins)
– Add the Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil and the Coconut oil to a bowl.
– Fill a pot 1/3 full of water, place it on the stove and then perch the bowl on top of it.
– Set the stove to a medium heat, stirring the mixture occasionally with a metal spoon until all the ingredients are melted.
– Remove the bowl from the heat with a kitchen towel and allow to cool until the mixture just is cool enough to go into the fridge. Allow it to set in the fridge for +- 1 hour or until the edges begin to solidify. You don’t want it to set hard or else you won’t be able to whip it.
– Add the essential oil if you are using it oil and mix it all together with a spoon.
– Using an electric beater mix it until it is white and creamy and that the mixture forms fluffy white peaks. The process ill take roughly ten minutes with the mixture only becoming fluffy towards the end, similar to whipping fresh cream.
– Spoon the mixture into the jar, it is now ready to use.
To use: Take a dollop of the body butter, roughly the size of the tip of your index finger and apply it liberally. It is important to note that this recipe takes longer than a standard lotion to be absorbed into the skin so use it sparingly. The ultra-moisturising benefits it delivers are definitely worth the wait for it to be fully absorbed.